Goodbye 2016

Thursday 5 January 2017



Though for many, 2016 was not such a great year, for me this past year was filled with positive change and new experiences! I graduated high school, moved to a different city, started university and begun a new chapter of my life where everything I've done has been a new adventure.

Since the year has come to an end, it is time to time to take a look at all that has happened. A few months ago, I made a 6 month roundup in the form of a vlog (which you can read about HERE or WATCH HERE) and I guess now is the time to make a six month round up about what has happened during the second half of the year. Though much has happened, capturing it all whilst living it the moment has been a little difficult; but with the help of snapchat and photos taken, here is the 2nd half of my 2016!:

1// The second half of 2016, started with a holiday to Abu Dhabi and Dubai! I have a whole post where READ all about it! I also have a travel vlog which you can check out HERE!



2// My holidays then continued with a pitstop in Paris and Nantes to visit my family and my little nice, she's literally the cutest!. One memorable moment I have is our afternoon in the Chateaux de Versaille!



3// After the holidays, reality hit and university was about to begin! In August there was an introduction to university/ freshers week and the whole experience was nerve-wracking and not what I though it would be. I wrote a whole post about it HERE!

4// In early September, we had our high school graduation and I finally got my official International Baccalaureate diploma. I also got to see my high school friends after not seeing them due to the summer holidays. They then came to my uni and we had a night out.

5// My older brother invited 2 of my friends and I to one of his parties. I never really saw that happening cause I don't always get a long with him but it was actually fun!

6// From September onwards, I got used to the uni lifestyle which opened up a new world of experiences (I wrote a post about it HERE). Firstly, getting to know and living with strangers who have now become friends, has been nice.

Partying and going to bars has sometimes been fun and at other times not, but the fact that I now know the way to bars, clubs and cafe's to eat at late in the night, is hilariously shocking for someone who used to enjoy staying cuddled up it my bed and watching a good movie with friends.

Though it's only been a few months, living that student lifestyle has been great so far and I can't wait to write all about it, so stick around if you're interested!

7// Back in June, my sister and I won free concert tickets to Fifth Harmony, and in October we finally went! It was in a cute little venue and it was a nice concert.



8// In November, I celebrated my 19th birthday (i'm getting soo old ahhh), My oldest sister and my aunts travelled to visit us and celebrate a joint birthday dinner for my mom and I.

As a gift to myself, I finally got my nose pierced! I've wanted it pierced since I was 14 but my mom would always say no with the explanation that I should "wait until uni'' where I could do whatever I wanted. Since I'm now in uni and can make my own decisions it made the perfect birthday gift!  I've actually had to re-pierce it twice more as I keep on losing the jewellery - hopefully, third times the charm!

9// In November I also went to a Bastille concert which is a band that I loved since I was 15.
I had booked bad seats when buying the tickets in a hurry, but luckily the helpers at the concert venue let us sit a little closer.

10// In early December we threw a lil b-day cake eating session for my roommate's 19th birthday (she's actually 24 but she insists that we tell everyone shat she's 19 ;)).

11// In December, I also went to Amsterdam with my friend to visit the Banksy and Warhol exhibition at the Moco museum. We then randomly found an Ice skating rink and skated as the sun setted. We also got a lil visit from Santa who gave us free Coca Cola.



12// After much needed break I went home for the Christmas holidays! Absence makes the heart grow fonder so seeing my familia after staying away for a while was great. We set up the xmas tree and the chrismassy vibes began!

9// My high school friends traveled back for the holidays and it was soooo great seeing them again! We went to our mutuals friends little house party/ get together with old class mattes. On the way back, my friends and I were running for the last tram and I got a little dizzy (and maybe drank a little too much) and got sick a long the way... I am embarrassed so don't judge mee haha, but I don't regret the situation as it is a lesson learnt!

10// All my high school friends then came over to mine for a cute Christmas dinner and we caught up like nothing had changed! <3

11// Celebrated xmas with my family and a friend who was staying over, with dinner at a restaurant on the 24th then a big turkey dinner on the 25th! It was sooo good, I'm still stuffed to this day!

12// celebrated new years eve with my family plus my cousin, aunt, uncle, and grandma with another delicious meal and then after midnight my mom (bless her!), drove me to another city so that I could also celebrate new years with my friends at my brothers new years eve party!


This year has been great, and I love the new experiences (good and bad) that I have been through and can learn from. Can't wait to see what the new adventures 2017 brings!

How was 2016 for you all?

xx,


Anaelle
// Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter //






Post a Comment