My Second week of University

Thursday 29 September 2016



During the second week of uni everything got REAL. I went from socializing and drinking beer till 2 am in the morning to reading and working on copious amounts of chapters till 3 am. The change was so swift it was so unexpected.

So far uni reminds me a lot of IB. Though I'm studying communication and media, I find a lot of history as we have to find the historiography of the different approaches and theories, TOK/ philosophy as we were introduced to epistemology, inducting and deduction, and biology/ psychology as we learn about the ways humans go about life.



My  days consist of lectures, where professors talk and talk and talk about certain chapters of the textbook or articles; tutorials where we discus the chapters; and workshop where we learn academic skills. My nights consist of reading the multiple chapters and working on the various assessments. Even though it had only been a few days since we had officially started, there was a lot to do. Luckily I only have a maximum of two classes a day and no classes on Friday (whoop whoop long weekend) One of the biggest perks of my schedule, is that I get to I wake up at 11 because my classes only start at 13.00. As someone who loves sleep, this is perfect!

Although, it was a pretty busy week, I still found the time in between studying to try out kick boxing for the first time. At first it was quite challenging as it's hard to remember the combating sequences but after a while you get used to it. The only down fall is that the boxing gloves smelt disgusting, other then that it was a pretty great experience.

On my free Friday, I went home for my high school graduation. I don't even know why my school celebrates it so late, but either way it was fun. My friend got drunk for the first time and it was hilarious. The day later my high school friends came over to visit my new city. It was only an hours journey so it wasn't too bad. We watched suicide squad  (it was really good!!) and explored the cities nightlife. Oh and, they were as infatuated with my room as I am.

Later that night we to a house party in my building and that too was pretty lit! We met a bunch of people but this particular Greek guy kept on talking to me and I thought he was just being super friendly, I soon found out that he wanted more than just friendship (yikes)!  As soon as I got my to room, he had friended me on Facebook and messaged me with a big Hello!!! I don't know what I've gotten myself into haha

All in all, the weekend was great, but I came to realize, the more I have fun, the lazier I become. As I enjoyed my time with my friends, I had no motivation or desire to work on Sunday night. Instead I wasted my time on Netflix ( I have a free month trial and I need to use it effectively, don't judge meee)

To summarize! :
Uni doesn't seem that  difficult, I'm learning more and in newer perspectives the things I had learnt before. It will only get a lil challenging if I don't organize myself. I've also started to like house paries, but the more fun, I have the less I want to work :/ ahah


Anyways, I hope you enjoy it! How is your unit adventure going?? Let me know!


xx,


Anaelle
// Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter //

4 comments

  1. Aww congratulations on graduating and starting college! I see sociology textbooks in your photo so I know you're doing that class! I have a year left and immconcentrating in sociology! Just have fun and make sure to study study study(procrastination is a killer lol) You seem to have your head on right though! Do ya thing!

    KeepingupwithMJ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha procrastination is a killer indeed! Good luck with your last year. Hope you enjoy sociology xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sure as along as you stay on top of your all your studies it will be okay! oooh a new romance on the horizon? How exciting! Do keep us updated 😉. If you are feeling unmotivated or not in the mood to do work, one tip that helped me was to pack my books and go to the library where seeing everyone else do work made me want to work hard as well ahah! Hope this was helpful.

    Gabby ~ http://www.wildishly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't think I will have time for romance with all the work I've been getting but we shall see ;) Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that out, hopefully it will work xx

      Delete