Skincare| My Morning Skincare Routine + The Body Shop Skincare Review

Thursday 9 March 2017



For months and months, I've had this post saved in my drafts and I thought it was finally time I share it with you guys! One of my goals for 2017 is to improve and actually stick to my skin care, as well as, blog more, so this post is a great representation of killing two birds with one stone! I love these products and you might as well so let's get started!:



Step 1: Cleanse

To begin, in the morning or when all I need is a light cleanse, I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash to get rid of dirt and grime. I mostly use my hands to lather it all over my face but sometimes I use a manual face brush to help exfoliate. It has a gel consistency, which is great for combination and oily skin and it leaves you feeling fresh and revived after its rinsed. It is made with tea tree oil which is known to be a problem solver for acne prone skin and contains ingredients such as castor oil and citric acid which is great for blemished skin. If that doesn't sound great I don't know what does, this product is an essential!

One downfall of this product, however, is that the cleanser bottle and the toner bottle (which you can see down bellow) are practically identical, so more times then once, I have accidentally washed my face with the toner and not the cleanser, then only realising after my eyes were burning hahah.

The bodyshop does have another cleanser with a completely different bottle and a different formula called Tea Tree Skin Clearing foaming Cleanser. However, after trying it out these past months, I don't really like it. I feel like it does not cleanse as much as the gel cleanser and my skin doesn't feel as clean or revitalised after. 

Another downfall is that if you don't like the smell of tea tree oil you are either going to have to ignore the smell and get great skin; or ditch the product and miss out on it's amazingness.

Other then these two points, this cleanser is great and I genuinely love it, it has really made a positive difference to my skincare. Additionally, the price of 10 euros is reasonable, so I can't complain.



Step 2: Tone

After cleansing, I then follow up by toning my skin with The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner, to once again get rid of any left over dirt as well as to tone my skin and even it out. 

I pour a few drops on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. From the cotton pad you can see all the dirt come of your face and it really is a satisfying feeling. The product leaves you matt as well as feeling refreshed and clean. Additionally, it is made of tea tree oil and produces the same benefits as previously mentioned. The toner is simple but effective and does the job well! It's also inexpensive so I love it! It's a great product.




Step 3: Hydrate

As you can see I really like The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skincare Range so to finish it off, I moisturise and hydrate my skin with the Mattifying Lotion. In all honesty, this isn't my favourite moisturiser, so I don't use it all the time. It does leave your skin looking matt and less oily, but it can leave you looking ashy, so that is a downfall. To resolve this issue, I mix it with on overly greasy/oily looking moisturiser which creates a natural looking complexion and then all is well again. A positive point to this is that it does have tea tree oil in it, which brings a lot of benefits. 

All in all, these products are amazing for blemished acne prone skin and they truly make a difference. I really recommend these products as they are quite inexpensive and are a great start for a basic effective skincare routine. 

That's it for my morning skincare routine! Stay tuned for my night time routine which features other great products as well!


Until next time, 

xo, 
Anaelle

  // Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter // 




11 comments

  1. Love the body shop tea tree collection and I love how soft it makes your skin while also having an amazing smell. Imhayley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really does leave your skin feeling soft, i love it x

      Delete
  2. Love your picture. I don't really shop at the body shop but their tea tree collection really looks amazing! So I may go to a body shop and have a wee look! xx C&K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try the Tea Tree range from The body shop. They seem to be popping up everywhere lately. Great post! x

    astoldbykirsty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea tree range from the body shop! Especially the little bottle of oil. So strong but works like a charm on spots!

    Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The toner sounds loads like the Sunday Riley Martian Toner, definitely going to try it next because if they are indeed similar it will be saving me a pretty penny!

    http://taradaniella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've never tried the Sunday Riley Toner! Thanks for the suggestion, I will deffo give it a try xx

      Delete
  6. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Oxygeneo

    ReplyDelete