Why I Love University

Sunday 26 February 2017


University is all about growing, meeting new people, learning new things and most importantly having the privilege to carve a career for yourself. Although all these things are great and I will never take them for granted; if you were to ask me what my favorite thing about university is, I would tell you: my favorite thing about university, is it's unpredictability. On one Wednesday night I could be in my dorm room working on a last minute assignment after procrastinating all weekend and then on another Wednesday I could be out clubbing/ chillin with strangers I met that same night.

As a child every single day felt like a new adventure as I had never experienced much before, but growing up led to reliving the same day over and over again and that is why one of the main reason I disliked high school so much was the fact that my life felt like an ongoing cycle of repetition. Everyday I would wake up, go to school, come back home, sleep and repeat again, and again and again for four years straight. Although I had my friends who I could count on to make me laugh and the occasional outings and hangouts, life felt like a routine I couldn't escape. This combined with my fear of failing the very rigorous International Baccalaureate (which meant I would have to stay in high school for even longer period of time and endure even more repetition) gave me huge amounts of anxiety.

After starting university, I felt the "curse" of repetition and anxiety disappear. Due to it being a whole untouched chapter of my life, every single day feels new. Every 8 weeks, new modules with new students and a completely new schedule comes, which means that the cycle is more varied and interesting rather than tedious and repetitive. The student lifestyle also comes with a window of new opportunities with good and bad experiences that I can learn from and grow. I also really enjoy my course and can't imagine studying anything else than international communication and media. I truly finally understand why everyone always says that your student years are your best years and you should enjoy it to the max.

One key point, that I will definitely take away from this university experience is that in order to live a life where each day never feels the same, I will continuously have to try new things and constantly get out of my comfort zone.

How do you feel about university? How has it changed your Life? I'd love to know so comment down bellow!


xx,

Anaelle

// Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter //

1 comment