2017 Janurary Recap

Thursday 2 February 2017




Since memory hoarding is my speciality, this year on my blogging journey, I've decided to do monthly recaps! Reading this a year or more from now will be quite funso I'm interested to see how this will turn out!

Starting with January, after what seemed like a really long time, it is officially over! The beginning of 2017 has been a pretty slow one, which is why I now understand why people say January is like the Monday of the year. Although not much as happened, here are a few things I've been up to:

1// Went back to university.
Going back home for the Christmas holidays and living that high school lifestyle and getting to see my high school friends and party it up it ways that we hadn't experienced before was great! Genuinely having fun and enjoying the company of friends and family makes it hard to readapt to the uni lifestyle again. Washing, cooking, studying and preparing for exams is a little difficult after a responsibility free, fun holiday. Although I live only a maximum of 2 hours away, I find myself getting homesick; or maybe it's the joyous carefree holiday vibes that I'm desperately missing.

2//High tea at Euromast.
For Christmas, I got my tea obsessed mom a gift card to high tea event. In January we finally used the gift card and enjoyed beautiful views, good food and nice tea in the restaurant of the famous city landmark Euromast, that is 96 meters above ground. 




3// Went to a fancy Gala!
It was nice but definitely not worth the price..

4//Started learning Arabic! 
Since I'm really interested in the culture and the language, this year I have randomly decided to sign up to an Arabic language class. It's pretty cool but actually very difficult as I have to learn a new alphabet, number system and pronunciations, but I'm definitely down for the challenge!

5// Lesson of the month: 
One thing I've learnt this month is to learn to say "no" when I don't want to go/ do something. That way I wont have to make weird excuses to try and get out of the situation I got myself into...

How's your January been? Let me know!


Anaelle 

// Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter //


Post a Comment