March & April | Monthly Recap

Saturday 6 May 2017


So I procrastinated with this blogging thing for a while now, but after a busy 2 months, I am here with a monthly recap which can help explain why I have been a little MIA :) 

I am actually surprised that I am somewhat sticking to my new years resolution of consistently blogging, but anywho, without any further ado, here's what happened in March and April!:


// MARCH //

In March nothing much happened. It was a pretty slow month filled with procrastination and more procrastination, and then self hatred because I had wasted my time doing nothing instead of studying and doing my readings for the dreaded exams. It was then followed with a week of cramming and a period of me giving up and not caring if I failed the exams haha.

Apart from the "train train quotiden" or as you say in english; "humdrum routine", the coolest/ most interesting things that have happen this month include:

1// I went to an award ceremony that my course holds, where people get awards depending on the superlatives that they win by votes. It was a nice event and I got to write an article/ blogpost about it for my for course's magazine for which I am a blogger. It was pretty cool cause I felt like a real journalist!

2// I signed my Aiesec contract! Aiesec is an organisation that lets youth travel around the world to intern and volunteer, and because I want to expand my experiences, grow, learn and strengthen and make my CV more unique, I decided to join one of their internship/volunteering programs, so for 6 weeks this summer, I will be going to Teresina in Brazil and in accordance with the UN's sustainable development goals to teach children and others about sustainablility, multiculturalism and more. Although I am excited, I am extremely terrified! - I will have a blog post about this soon so stay tuneeeeed.

3// At the end of the month my sister in law gave birth to twins and now I am an aunt of three tiny children - they're soo cute!


// APRIL // 

In April things got lit again! Apart from tutorials, lectures, assignments, readings, extracurriculars and procrastination; some of my high school friends came back from the UK for the easter holidays so this month was filled with busy plans and travelling back and fourth from my uni city and my home city.

1// To celebrate the surprisingly good weather (which has gone away now :( ) , I went to a barbecue with my high school friends and a few other people from high school to hang out and catch up,  it was great. (The person who threw the barbecue had the most amazing house and his room was basically a whole apartment - no joke. It was so nice we didn't want to leave haha)

2// I got accepted as the managing editor for my course magazine for my second year of uni! I will be in charge of promoting the magazine and the blog as well as recruiting writers, bloggers and photographers and finding sponsors. I will also be communicating with anyone who is interested in the magazine will be working with two other girls and a few of the university staff. Its going to be a pretty cool and interesting experience and a good thing to add to my CV, so I'm pretty excited.

3// Whilst everyone else was on holiday, I still had classes and lectures </3. But my two high school friends came over to my uni and we visited my uni city, went to a cat cafe (I don't even like cats so I don't even know how they convinced me to come), and ended the night by going clubbing.

4// The following day after 4 hours of sleep, I went to a 9 am tutorial and it the afternoon travelled back to my home city and went to a neon party with my high school friends and the people from the party. It was greaaat but the aftermath and getting rid of the paint on our skin was pretty tough. I still have paint in my hair that won't come out so its become a part of me now.

5// The next weekend went to a shisha bar, another club and then ended up gyming at 2 am in the morning ??

6// For kings day, which is a big celebration went to the kermis with my high school friends and celebrated our version of Coachella which we called the "poor man's Coachella"

Aaaand thats pretty much it..


How about you? How have the following months been? 

xx, 

Anaelle

  // Bloglovin // Google + // Instagram // Twitter // 

1 comment

  1. I appreciate your effort and the quality of the information you provide. I certainly will folow these recommendations!…
    DJ Liker App APK

    ReplyDelete