11 Things I learnt in My First Year of University

Monday 19 June 2017




The first year of uni, was a period of meeting new people, having new experiences, new challenges, and discovering many new things. Coincidentally enough, the day I'm writing this blog post on (5th of July), is the day I got my exams results and officially found out which university I was going to last year. SO whilst, this time last year I was relieved to have finally finished high school but simultaneously stressed about wether I had attained the point I wanted and needed to go to university; this time this year I am relieved, great-full, happy and most importantly stress and anxiety free because I have just finished my exams and have officially passed my first year of uni!

Apart from learning all about communication theory and the different things my uni courses have to offer, I also learnt a lot of life lessons. Here are 10 quick things I learnt in my first year of uni:

1// You really do learn to become (more) independent, whether you like it or not 
Throughout the past year, I have had to rely on myself and learn to be and act as an individual. It has had its highs and lows but overall it has really helped me grow.

2// Absence makes the the heart grow fonder
Not being with your family or the people you were used to being with, makes you appreciate them even more

3// Things happen when you least expect it- You cannot predict or anticipate some of the things you experience and thats the best part of it all

4// You can be surrounded by a lot of people and still feel lonely
It crazy when you are surronded by a lot of people and seem to behaving fun, but deep inside something is just not sitting right. It really truly explains how quality over quantity truly matter.

5// Things are only awkward if you allow them to be - you dictate the way you feel about certain outcomes 

6// Actually go to events student organisations - you'll meet new people!

7// Sometimes it takes a while to find your place, and you may only start to find it as the year comes to end

8// Sometimes you might still be closer to your high school friends then your university friends

9// You don't only have to be friends with people in your course

10// It's good to start from the bottom and gradually make your way to the top instead of already being on top and struggling to keep up
- grades wise, career wise , life wise

11// sometimes the you can get bored with all the free time you end having so, keep busy by getting hobbies


What are some things you have learnt during your first year of uni? 

xo, 

Anaelle 

Post a Comment