What I'll be reading this Summer

Tuesday 30 June 2015

My summer holidays are starting very soon, which means I get to binge watch Netflix TV shows and stay in bed all day! This summer however, I am going to try and be a little more productive, so I've compiled a list of books I going to read.



1) Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

I've never read this book or watched one of it's numerous movies, but I've heard a lot of goods things about it.  Since it is a classic, I was quite hesitant at first as I don't really enjoy books with complicated language/ old English; but after reading several pages, its actually not that bad and I'm excited to read it! I can't wait to meet Mr. Darcy since everyone I know keeps swooning over him.


2) The hobbit - J.R.R Tolkien

I'm not much of a fantasy/ adventure reader, but i'm going to give this book a chance, because why not. I haven't watched The lord of the Rings series or any of The hobbit movies, but I'm hoping it is going to be a fun and interesting read.


3) Paper Towns - John Green

I feel like I'm always late on the John Green bandwagon, as every time I try to read one of his books, the movie is already on its way to the cinema. Although I'm tempted to see the movie first, I will try and read the book before it comes out. It comes to cinemas on the 25th of July, so I don't have much time. I am the slowest reader but I will try!


4) The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I've actually seen the end of the "new" Great Gatsby movie and I'm not going to spoil anything, but the ending left me mad/speechless. I haven't actually seen the beginning of it or read the book, so I'm going to give this one a try as well.

5) The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins

I don't have this book, which is why I don't have a picture of it, but I really want to read it. Psychological thrillers are kinda creepy but there is something about them that interest me, and I've heard its quite similar to Gone Girl, so I'm really excited to get my hands on it!


What will you be reading this summer? Have you read any of the ones above ?
Let me know in the comments! 


X

4 comments

  1. I've read The Great Gatsby and loved it! It's similar to A Doll's House in terms of the societal roles that women played at that time. I'm currently reading Paper Towns as I loved The Fault In Our Stars! Happy Reading! xx

    www.from18tolife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved tfios as well and I'm hoping Paper Towns will just as good! I've never heard of A Doll's house, but I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for stopping by! X

      Delete
  2. Paper Towns is a great read, you'll love it! I couldn't put it down.
    I have yet to read Pride & Prejudice...I think I'll add that to my list!

    Nice post!

    Desiree | DesireeMerci.com

    ReplyDelete